I’m so thankful that my dream of writing a book never died. At times it looked as though it would never come to pass. That’s why I love, love, love the power of quotes, especially inspirational quotes for aspiring writers.
Looking back, I yearned to author a book for as long as I can remember. I conjured up images of that proud moment when I would finally hold my book in physical form. Yet, my progress remained erratic. I would sporadically write a few chapters only to let self-doubt creep in and convince me that I lacked the talent to become a published author.
I let imposter syndrome hold me back from finishing my book for years.
Eventually, I got fed up and decided to kick fear to the curb and give my dream a voice. I knew in my heart of hearts God called me to write. I finally trusted Him to equip me, and I trusted the process.
I finally took my dream seriously.
I made it a priority.
I put my butt in the chair daily, even when I was “too busy to write.”
Now I can say with a smile that being the author of two published books is the best feeling ever!
Can you relate?
If you have a desire that keeps tugging at you, perhaps it’s a God-calling type of dream meant for you right now. Know that it demands your attention. It urges you to push past the self-doubt.
You may also enjoy Here’s Why God Wants You to Dream Big.
Your God-given dream manifested awaits your cooperation.
Here are my 10 favorite inspirational quotes to inspire and motivate you on your writing journey:
1. “Start writing, no matter what. The water does not flow until the faucet is turned on.” – Louis L’Amour
2. “You don’t have to see the whole staircase; just take the first step.” – Martin Luther King Jr.
3. “Write to give yourself strength. Write to be the characters that you are not. Write to explore all the things you’re afraid of.” – Joss Whedon
4. “There is no greater agony than bearing an untold story inside you.” – Maya Angelou
5. “Your talent is God’s gift to you. What you do with it is your gift back to God.” – Leo Buscaglia
6. “The scariest moment is always just before you start. After that, things can only get better.” – Stephen King
7. “You were made for this. Your words have the power to touch lives and change the world.” – Unknown
8. “Every writer begins with a blank page and turns it into a masterpiece.” – Unknown
9. “Believe in yourself and your writing. God has given you a unique voice to share with the world.” – Unknown
10. “Keep your eyes on the author and finisher of your faith. He will guide you through every chapter of your writing journey.” – Hebrews 12:2 (paraphrased)
It helps to believe our writing is not just a skill but also a gift and a calling from God. Embrace your unique voice, trust your abilities, and let your words flow with purpose and passion.
I hope this blog encourages you to take your dreams seriously. Let my 10 favorite inspirational quotes for aspiring writers energize your writing journey!
Hello, I’m Patti! I’m a Christian Life & Money Coach, Ramsey Solutions Master Financial Coach, Health Coach, writer, and former retirement planner. I’m also an award-winning co-author of She Writes for Him: Stories of Resilient Faith (Redemption Press), and prayer warrior, serving on the prayer team at my local church.
My mission is to provide inspiration, coaching, tools, and resources to help you claim all the goodness and abundance God has for you.