Here are my favorite fall quotes and autumn inspiration to soothe your soul. Let the infinite wonder of the fall season delight your heart, uplift your mood, and energize your dreams as it does for me.
My three favorite things: Journaling, inspirational quotes, and the beauty of autumn
Lately, I’m spending endless hours wrapped in my favorite blanket while journaling about letting go of what no longer serves me and new beginnings, too. I’m also enjoying inspirational quotes about my favorite season as I indulge in pumpkin spice candles and tumeric ginger almond milk lattes. Oh, how I love the coziness of autumn!
I can’t think of anything yummier than sharing my favorite sources of autumn inspiration. I hope they inspire you to create your own kind of cozy.
Here are my favorite fall quotes and autumn inspiration to soothe your soul:
1. “Autumn shows us how beautiful it is to let things go.” Unknown
2. “Every leaf speaks bliss to me, fluttering from the autumn tree.” Emily Brontë
3. “Autumn is a second spring when every leaf is a flower.” – Albert Camus
4. “Autumn carries more gold in its pocket than all the other seasons.” – Jim Bishop
5. “Autumn is a season to reflect on the beauty of change.” Unknown
6. “Autumn is the season of the soul.” Virginia Woolf
7. “Autumn leaves are like a kaleidoscope of memories.” Unknown
8. “Autumn is the mellower season, and what we lose in flowers, we more than gain in fruits.” Samuel Butler
9. “Autumn paints in colors that summer has never seen.” Ralph Waldo Emerson
10. “Autumn is a second spring when every leaf is a flower.” Albert Camus
11. “Autumn leaves don’t fall, they fly. They take their time and wander on this their only chance to soar.” Delia Owens
12. “Autumn is the season to find contentment at home by paying attention to what we already have.” Unknown
13. “Autumn is a time of harvesting, of gathering together. For what is sown in the spring, so shall be reaped in the autumn.” Warren McCord
Let the nourishing wisdom of autumn soothe your soul.
14. “Autumn is the season of dreams fulfilled and promises kept.” Unknown
15. “Autumn is the time of picturesque tranquility.” Sir Walter Scott
16. “Autumn is a dance of colors, a symphony of falling leaves.” Unknown
17. “In every change, in every falling leaf, there is some pain, some beauty. And that’s the way new leaves grow.” Amit Ray
18. “Autumn, the season that teaches us that change can be beautiful.” Heather Stillufsen
19. “Autumn is a season of transformation; let it inspire you.” Unknown
20. “Autumn is the season of cozy sweaters and warm hearts.” Unknown
21. “Autumn is the season of gratitude.” Unknown
22. “Autumn is the season of endings and beginnings.” Unknown
23. “Autumn is a season of reflection, renewal, and resilience.” Unknown
24. “Autumn is a time to slow down and savor life’s simple pleasures.” Unknown
25. “Autumn is the season to turn over a new leaf.” Unknown
26. “Autumn is a time to embrace change with open arms.” Unknown
27. “Autumn is a reminder that beauty can be found in letting go.” Unknown
Fall inspires us to keep going; autumn inspiration fuels our momentum.
28. “Autumn is the season to release what no longer serves you.” Unknown
29. “Autumn leaves are nature’s way of showing us how beautiful it is to let go.” Unknown
30. “Autumn is the season to gather memories and create new ones.” Unknown
31. “And all at once, summer collapsed into fall.” Oscar Wilde
32. “Autumn leaves are like the pages of a good book; they turn and reveal the story of the season.” Unknown
33. “Autumn is a season to find joy in the journey.” Unknown
34. “If the leaves are changing, I feel poetry in the air.” Laura Jaworski
35. “Autumn is a time to harvest the lessons of the year.” Unknown
36. “Autumn teaches us the art of letting go.” Unknown
37. “Life starts all over again when it gets crisp in the fall.” F. Scott Fitzgerald
38. “Autumn…the year’s last, loveliest smile.” William Cullen Bryant
39. “Delicious autumn! My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns.” George Eliot
40. “Autumn passes and one remembers one’s reverence.” Yoko Ono
41. “I would rather sit on a pumpkin, and have it all to myself, than be crowded on a velvet cushion.” Henry David Thoreau
42. “Autumn is the hardest season. The leaves are all falling, and they’re falling like they’re falling in love with the ground.” Andrea Gibson
43. “Autumn repays the earth the leaves which summer lent it.” Georg Christoph Lichtenberg
44. “Autumn mornings: sunshine and crisp air, birds and calmness, year’s end and day’s beginnings.” Terri Guillemets
45. “Aprils have never meant much to me, autumns seem that season of beginning, spring.” Truman Capote
There’s nothing quite as inspiring as a beautiful saying about autumn.
46. “Autumn is as joyful and sweet as an untimely end.” Remy de Gourmont
47. “Autumn is the eternal corrective. It is ripeness and color and a time of maturity; but it is also breadth, and depth, and distance.” Hal Borland
48. “I hope I can be the autumn leaf, who looked at the sky and lived. And when it was time to leave, gracefully it knew life was a gift.” Dodinsky
49. “Autumn…the fiery threshold of winter.” Terri Guillemets
50. “Autumn leaves don’t fall; they fly. They take their time and wander on this their only chance to soar.” Delia Owens
51. “How beautifully leaves grow old. How full of light and color are their last days.” John Burroughs
52. “The leaves fall, the wind blows, and the farm country slowly changes from the summer cottons into its winter wools.” Henry Beston
53. “Autumn is the hush before winter.” French Proverb
54. “I saw old Autumn in the misty morn stand shadowless like silence, listening to silence.” Thomas Hood
Plus, this last one, inspirational autumn words from me:
55. “Autumn is the season of nourishing wisdom to soothe the soul.”
I hope these 55 Fall quotes and autumn inspirational words bring your heart joy as they do mine. Life is too short not to stop and cherish the simplest treasures, like the beauty of autumn and the life-changing power of inspirational quotes.
How to use these fall quotes and autumn inspiration
One way to embrace the wisdom and soul-moving beauty of these 55 fall quotes is to use them as journal prompts. Each morning, as you sit with your favorite yummy cup of coffee or tea, choose a quote from above and let it inspire you to write in your journal. Happy Autumn!
More Inspirational Words:
If you’re looking for how to benefit from a new journaling routine, you may enjoy my new workbook: Journal Your Dream Life Workbook. Grab your free copy HERE.
Hello, I’m Patti! I’m a Christian Life & Money Coach, Ramsey Solutions Master Financial Coach, Health Coach, writer, and former retirement planner. I’m also an award-winning co-author of She Writes for Him: Stories of Resilient Faith (Redemption Press), and prayer warrior, serving on the prayer team at my local church.
My mission is to provide inspiration, coaching, tools, and resources to help you claim all the goodness and abundance God has for you.