Have you ever wondered how it’s possible to stay connected to God when you’re super busy, stressed out and overwhelmed by life’s demands?
How do you possibly find time to get quiet before the Lord when you barely have time to brush your teeth?
Is it possible to feel the presence of God even when you’re too busy to stop and get quiet before Him? I believe it is because our God is bigger than our circumstances.
We have to accept that there are seasons in life. In some seasons everything just seems to flow. Things go your way, and you find that you have plenty of time for God. Peace is ever present, and all is well with your soul.
But there are other times in life when every day feels like you’re caught up in a whirlwind. As soon as your feet hit the ground in the morning, you’re off and running from one thing to the next, barely able to keep up with it all. Everything seems to be urgent, necessary and important, which means you’re challenged with constant demands on your time, energy and focus.
At times like this, there is simply no time for you, let alone God.
Yet, it’s in this season of life that you need God. So how do you find the time to get with Him when you simply don’t have time to spare?
God is Always with You
Well, I believe that God is with you ALWAYS, even when you don’t have the time to sit quietly before Him.
In fact, God promises to never leave you nor forsake you. (See Joshua 1:5)
So, how do you create an awareness of God’s presence in your life even when you don’t have time?
By filling your atmosphere with the Word of God. God’s word is alive and living, so it has the power to transform your atmosphere at your command. (See Hebrews 4:12)
Here are five simple ways to fill your life with God’s presence:
- soaking.net – this is a ministry website that offers free streaming of worship music that soothes your soul. It’s called soaking music. Do not underestimate the power of soaking in the presence of God while listening to worship music. Worship music is anointed music and it has the power to supernaturally heal and soothe your soul. I usually have it on as background music while I’m working on my computer or when I’m getting ready in the morning. It’s powerful.
- Listen to Joel Osteen Radio on Sirius Radio (channel 128) while driving in your car. Joel’s faith-building messages are powerful and relevant. They’re super upbeat and positive. I always feel great after listening to one of his sermons. It’s like having church right there in your car. If you don’t have Sirius radio then listen to Christian radio.
- Listen to Christian television stations such as Day Star or Trinity Broadcasting Network (TBN) and leave it on even if you can’t sit and watch, you can listen to powerful teachings from the word of God while you’re doing other things. I like to turn it on when I’m cooking in the kitchen. The word of God constantly going in your ears builds your faith.
- Subscribe to receive Christian daily devotionals in your email inbox. Kenneth Copeland Ministries offers a great daily devotional called Faith-to-Faith. You can get Faith-to-Faith Daily Devotional here. It only takes a few minutes to read the email, which you can do on the run if you receive email on your phone.
- Use Facebook to get faith-building messages in your newsfeed. Get faith-building messages to come to you by Liking Christian pages such as Joel Osteen, Lisa-Osteen Comes, Joyce Meyer, Kenneth Copeland, Jerry Savelle, Terri Savelle Foy, and Proverbs 31 Ministries. This is a great to keep yourself inspired with faith-building posts. Now checking out Facebook can actually build your faith!
I believe that God understands when life gets overwhelming. Psalm 61:2 says, “When my heart is overwhelmed, lead me to the rock that is higher than I.”
God tells us in His word that He knows there will be times when we are flying high and loving life, and there will also be times when we are in the pit of life, struggling to find peace and joy:
“I can never be lost to your Spirit! I can never get away from my God! If I go up to heaven, you are there; if I go down to the place of the dead, you are there. If I ride the morning winds to the farthest oceans, even there your hand will guide me, your strength will support me.” (Psalm 139:1-10 Living Bible version)
My friend, don’t let the vicissitudes of life rob you from the comfort of knowing that God is bigger than all of your circumstances. He is right there with you. He sees your heart.
He yearns for you to know that He loves you and cares deeply for you no matter what.
If it matters to you, it matters to God.
Don’t worry so much about not being able to spend time studying your bible when life gets crazy. That’s being legalistic. God is not about rules and regulations. He’s about love and relationship.
Now don’t get me wrong. I’m not saying we never have to spend time before the Lord or studying His word. As children of God, we are to make time with Him our top priority. That is how we build a relationship with Him, learning to walk in His ways.
What I am saying is that when life gets crazy and you can barely keep up with the demands, God is still with you. So take comfort and stop worrying.
God is on your side!